Monday, October 15, 2012

The Crucible Response [Act 3]

This Act was really interesting to me because it brought out a lot of the secrets being kept in Salem. These secrets, like Abigail and John Proctor's affair, were really tearing the Salem community apart and this is why I feel these Witch Trials have gotten out of hand. During the trial, I think that Deputy Governor Danforth and Judge Hathorne realized they had been tricked by Abigail and her crew but they had too much pride to admit they had been fooled by girls. Abigail's control over the town has really gotten out of hand and it is, in my opinion, the root of all the problems that has occurred in the Courtroom. I feel Danforth and Hathorne abused their power in a way because if they were attacked personally, then they would say that the attacker has attacked the court rather than them which makes it a much bigger problem. I feel like the Salem community is so messed up that once the trials are over, they will never be able to fully recover and become a trusting community.

Word Count: 181

No comments:

Post a Comment